I honestly cannot believe I am writing my 3rd list of Top Holiday Fitness Gifts. I don’t know which surprises me more: the speed at which Christmas has rolled around or the fact that I’ve been blogging for over 2 years.
Yet here we are. We’re ready to shop for those fitness buffs in our lives and to select items for our own wish lists. Here are some suggestions based on my favorite things and wished for items.
- SPRI High Density Black Foam Roller: I am a new convert to foam rolling. Think of it as the poor man’s (or woman’s massage). I do this with all my clients now. Recovery is key to your success and this tool helps you be ready for the next challenging workout.
- Kusmi Russian Tea Sampler Gourmet Gift Pack: I discovered Kusmi tea on my recent trip to Paris. They have the most amazing blends of tea, I just adore them. Tea has wonderful anti-inflammatory properties and can be relaxing at the end of a long day.
- Tanita BC-549 Plus Ironman Full Body Composition Monitor: Traditional scales just give you weight, which doesn’t tell the whole story. Checking your body composition on a regular basis can show you how your body is changing when your weight doesn’t. I’ve had a Tanita scale for over a decade and they make great quality products.
- Under Armour Must Have Bag: I must have one of these bags. This stylish tote is on my wish list to replace my battered back pack.
- Lebert Equalizer: I just added this piece of equipment to my own arsenal of tools. You can do inverted rows and knee ups in the comfort of your own home with these handy and portable bars.
- Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector: This makes a great stocking stuffer for the person who is always washing their hands. I wash over and over and my hands get very dry. This works miracles for me.
- Stainless Steel CamelBak Groove Water Bottle: This sturdy bottle comes with its own filter letting you fill up anywhere. It makes for stylish and easy hydration.
- GoFit 15lbs KettleBell: I love kettlebells for a quick full body workout. Need an indoor cardio option? Try intervals of kettlebell swings.
- Apex Deluxe 3 Tier Dumbbell Rack: If you leave your weights lying around you’re just an accident waiting to happen. I have one of these at home and one at the studio to keep everything nice and tidy.
- Ryka Women’s Assist XT Fitness Show: This is the shoe I am wearing now. They are comfortable with good support for high impact plyometrics. Pretty stylish too.
Stay tuned, next week I’ll share my Top 10 Fitness Books for 2011.