This calculator is designed to give women a good idea of your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR), as well as your daily caloric needs based on your activity level. Enter your weight, height, age, activity level and body fat percentage. If you don’t know your body fat percentage, please click on the link to first use our U.S Navy Body Fat Calculator.
- Lean Body Mass is the sum of everything in your body minus the fat.
- Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) is the number of calories you expend in a day if you do nothing (stayed in bed for 24 hours).
- Thermogenic Effect of Food (TEF) is the number of calories it takes to digest the food you eat.
- Daily Caloric Needs is BMR + your activity + TEF
- Sedentary – little or no exercise.
- Lightly Active – light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week.
- Moderately Active – moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week.
- Very Active – hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week.
- Extra Active – very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training.