I have a special workout playlist for you today. It tells the story of new beginnings, finding your WHY and women finding their strength.
We ended the BetterU program on August 23 but the true finale is when the ladies walk the runway at the Go Red for Women Luncheon on September 18. Each woman gets her moment in the spotlight with the song of her choice as her soundtrack. 10 beautiful women telling their story with 10 songs sounds like a perfect playlist to me.
- How You Live by Point of Grace: I hope Terri gets to lead off the day! She’s going to glow in her red dress!
- I’m Coming Out by Diana Ross: Angela is fire and sunshine in one. Maybe she should walk out last because I know she’ll be a hard act to follow.
- Firework by Katy Perry: Speaking of fire, I can see Tammy being that spark that lights a fire in others. Here own spark is growing and still getting stronger.
- Come Get It Bae by Pharrell: Robin is a busy wife and mom, trying to balance it all (like all of use). But she’s always ready for new challenge. If I lay it down she will come and get it!
- Shake it Off by Taylor Swift: You’ll get to hear more of Laura’s story later. I will tell you one thing right now; she has had a roller coaster of a year but has let nothing hold her back.
- Love Runs Out by One Republic: I can see Theresa running the stairs in rhythm to this song, doing a dance of triumph at the top.
- She’s a Lady by Tom Jones: I hope there is some sass to go along with this one on the runway. Rhonda is kind of quiet, but it’s the quiet ones you have to watch out for.
- Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield: Geri’s pick could be the theme for everyone. The future is unwritten but all is now possible.
- Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars: Heather is a woman who knows who she is and what she wants. I admire that.
- Keep Your Head Up by Andy Grammer: Kathryn, like the others, was sad to see BetterU come to an end. You just have to keep your eyes up and looking forward.
If you have the Spotify App installed:
Follow Pamela on Spotify: