In Springfield the kids go back to school next week. While I am jealous of their new school supplies, I feel sorry for them. Their summer is over. Back to school means back to spending most of the day indoors. After school activities take the place of roaming the neighborhood with their friends. Evenings will be spent doing homework instead of chasing fireflies, swimming or having adventures.
My summer, however, is still in full swing. I won’t let it be stopped by their unfortunate change in schedule. There are still many Sunday bike rides and evening walks to be enjoyed before fall. The farmers market is just approaching its peak. I still have another California adventure to come. I’ve only been swimming once! Summer isn’t over yet so let’s celebrate with some fun summer tunes for our workout playlist.
- Addicted to You by Avicii: I purposely stayed away from the remix on this to keep the perfect balance between workout song and summer romance soundtrack.
- Come Get it Bae by Pharrell Williams: This should have been my pick for The Songs of Summer Playlist. Marilyn Monroe is a great song but this feels more like summer.
- Say Hey by Michael Franti: This one is from a few summers back but it still makes me want to move.
- Love Runs Out by OneRepublic: This has throwback feel to it. Reminiscent of T-Rex maybe?
- All About That Bass by Megan Trainor: My new favorite song! Oh, we are all about bringing the booty back!
- Fireball by Pitbull (feat. John Ryan): If you need a catchy beat you can always count on Pitbull. I just want to dance somewhere on a beach to this.
- Ye Ishq Hai by Jeet-Pritam: Now for something a little different. I have recently discovered the Bollywood Workout station on Pandora and I can’t get enough!
- Goodness Gracious by Elle Goulding: I could listen to this voice all day. Strong but somehow fragile at the same time.
- Cry For You (Radio Mix) by September: Summer song by an autumn artist.
- The Chamber by Lenny Kravitz: I’m still mad at Brian for getting to see him live without me.
If you have the Spotify App installed:
Follow Pamela on Spotify: