I don’t feel so bad anymore about the lack of new music in my personal collection. I actually feel pretty young and hip.
I recently heard a story on NPR about how the “younger” generation listens to music. They didn’t grow up with CDs, they have always known music on demand with services like Pandora and Spotify. They don’t buy music, they consume it.
I still play my workout playlists for my own workouts but I use Pandora a lot for my clients’ training sessions. Their tastes, after all, are much different than my own. Music services allow me to stay flexible to their tastes (and moods) as well as find new music for my own playlist. For those of us who still buy some music (even if it is just one song at time), here is a great playlist of my latest gems from Pandora and I Heart Radio.
- Scream & Shoutby will.i.am: I think he’s better on his own. Sorry Black Eyed Peas.
- Kidsby MGMT: New music from the Alternative Endurance channel.
- Madnessby Muse: Apparently I am late to the Muse bandwagon. I guess that’s a product of too much NPR.
- Gold On The Ceilingby The Black Keys: Finding the right Black Keys song for a playlist has been a challenge. I think this fits the bill.
- Take Me Outby Franz Ferdinand: I’ve loved this song for a long time but I never knew what it was called. Thanks Pandora!
- We Come Runningby Youngblood Hawke: This has an 80s vibe if you ask me. That may be why I like it so much.
- Cannonballby The Breeders: This isn’t new. I’ve been watching My So Called Life again. I can’t help myself.
- Push Itby Garbage: See line above.
- Catch My Breathby Kelly Clarkson: I go hot and cold when it comes to Kelly Clarkson. Right now – super hot!
- Tryby P!nk: This video is creepy but her fitness is amazing!