I like to think of a remix as music recycling. An artist takes something that is old and brings new life to it. They give it a new feel or purpose. You may not like the original piece of art, but sometimes the new and improved version suits you just fine.
If you love a good remix, you’re going to love this month’s workout playlist. I’ve taken some songs that you may know and love (or not) and found versions that give them a fresh spin. Have fun running to the beat or dancing like no one is watching between sets.
- Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You) the Remixes by Kelly Clarkson: Sometimes I forget she was the Original American Idol. She’s certainly proved her strength all these years.
- Clumsy (Pajon Rock Mix) by Fergie: She’s also come a long way. Anyone else remember Kids Incorporated?
- Slave to the Rhythm (Audien Remix) by Michael Jackson: I love that it still has an old school Michael feel to it.
- Blow (CirKit Remix) by Kei$ha: It’s upbeat but with a tempo that also works well for weights.
- I Love It feat. Charlie XCX (Cobra Starship Remix Radio Edit) by Icona Pop: We might as well get as much play out of this one hit wonder as we can.
- My Love (Paul Oakenfold Radio Edit) by Justin Timberlake: You just CAN’T stay still when this song plays.
- All of Me (Tiesto’s Birthday Treat Remix) by John Legend: I love this song so much in all its versions. The original still makes me cry every time I hear it.
- Talk Dirty to Me (Dance Remix) by DJ DMX: It’s not the radio edit, fair warning if you’re listening with any youngsters.
- Don’t Cha (Kaskade Radio Edit) by Pussycat Dolls: I’m still not over the break up. Sigh.
- Shake It Off Remix by Mariah Carey and Jay Z: The Emancipation of Mimi is one of my favorite just chilling out CDs. This is the perfect way to wind down a workout.
Follow Pamela on Spotify: