Hello and welcome to Disco December!!! While Christmas music may infuse you with the holiday spirit, I personally think it does nothing for your workout. We will not be listening to Christmas music (at least not on purpose) in the studio.
Year round, it’s 70s Saturday in the studio. There is nothing like some disco to get your training mojo going. One of my clients even asked if we could just dance to the disco for our workout on a Saturday. I told her maybe but she would have to agree to me taking a video of it. So far she hasn’t agreed but stay tuned. In the meantime, shake your groove thing to some of my disco favorites!
- Working My Way Back To You by The Spinners: Working your way back to a better body is more like it!
- It’s Raining Men by RuPaul: I like the Weather Girls version too, but this one is my favorite.
- Disco Inferno by The Trammps: Burn baby, burn that fat!
- Dancing Queen by Abba: I could do a whole ABBA list, but I will keep it to one song this time.
- Last Dance by Donna Summer: The real dancing queen of disco herself, the list would be incomplete without her.
- In the Navy by Village People: YMCA is so overdone, this one is much better to workout to.
- Tragedy by The Bee Gees: If for some reason this list doesn’t work for you, just put on the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack. Love love love the Bee Gees
- Keep It Comin’ Love by KC & The Sunshine Band: If one band sums up the 70s and disco it has to be this one.
- I Was Made For Lovin’ You by KISS: Disco era Kiss as a whole was not very good, but I love this one!
- Da Ya Think I’m Sexy? by Rod Stewart: Does anyone else remember Linda Lavin performing this song on the sitcom “Alice”? Okay, just me.
What about you? Christmas music or not for your winter workouts?