Did I mention that I moved?
As Thrive Personal Fitness has grown, the need for a new training space was becoming more and more apparent. When the opportunity to expand my partnership with Ollis & Company (a local insurance and benefits company) presented itself, the timing was perfect.
Ollis Center is now the new home of Thrive Personal Fitness. The space will be changing over the next few months as I get settled. I’ve reclaimed the yoga room as a second training space (but it can still be used for yoga if need be). I’ll be moving out some fixed machines and moving in more functional tools like a cable machine and chin up bar.
I also have the ability to play my own music. This seems small in comparison to the other amenities (like showers) but good music is vital to a good workout. I started working on a playlist the night before we moved in. It became clear very quickly that the music I actually own, not streamed from Pandora, is extremely limited. Let me correct that, NEW music is limited. It feels like I stopped purchasing music somewhere around 2006.
Since I’ve got a bulk of iTunes credit I decided to update my music library. I made a concerted effort to search out music that came out in 2012. While I haven’t purchased all of these songs, I think they make a pretty good up to date playlist. Have fun getting back in the fitness groove with some new tunes!
- Bad Girlsby M.I.A: I really think you could belly dance to this. That might make a good warm up.
- Wrong Songfrom Nashville: I honestly believed they weren’t doing their own singing on the show. I was really surprised to find out they are. I don’t really like country but I love the music of Nashville.
- Tongue Tiedby Group Love: This song could totally come out of 1983. Totally.
- Tonightby Saint Etienne: Pop but not obnoxious.
- Screamby Usher: This may not be his most popular song of 2012 but this one is at least PG.
- Let’s Goby Calvin Harris Feat. Ne-Yo: If your energy is waning this one should bring it back up.
- I Can Only Imagineby David Guetta: Imagine where you will be in a year if you start now!
- Army Of Meby Christina Aguilera: I think her work on the Voice is taking over her musical career. Until I looked I didn’t realize she even had a new album.
- Push And Shoveby No Doubt: How much can you push?
- Undergroundby Jane’s Addiction: Great to cool down or grind out what remains of your workout.