Have you heard the song “Tim Tebow’s Fire”? It’s a remake of the classic song by John Parr called Man in Motion (St Elmo’s Fire). I had to laugh when I heard the remake, but then I was inspired. Not to remake classic songs, but a playlist inspired by The Brat Pack
You remember the Brat Pack? Rob Lowe, Demi Moore, Emilio Estevez, Molly Ringwald and others who made ton of movies together in the 1980s were known as the Brat Pack. Some of my favorite movies come from that time and group of actors. I love Pretty In Pink, The Breakfast Club and About Last Night.
Their movies had some pretty good songs as well. Enjoy this blast from the past. I promise I’ll get back to this century next month.
- Don’t You (Forget About Me)by Simple Minds: I love Judd Nelson. I love his character in the Breakfast Club more than all the others.
- Hazy Shade Of Winterby the Bangles: Better than Walk Like an Egyptian any day.
- Man In Motion – from St. Elmo’s Fire: This was also written for an athlete, know which one?
- Mony Mony (Live)by Billy Idol: Not the version from the film Striptease with Demi Moore but it’s way better.
- Holding Out For A Heroby Bonnie Tyler: The tractor scene in Footloose is priceless 80s drama.
- Ballroom Blitzby Tia Carrere: Wayne’s World was a bit of a comeback for Rob Lowe in my opinion. I think he does some of best work in comedies.
- Shoot to Thrill by AC/DC: I know their songs all seem to sound the same but really they are different.
- We Want The Airwavesby the Ramones: I’ve come to realize I don’t have enough Ramones in my life these days.
- Shitlistby L7: Good lifting song, makes you want to lift just a little heavier.
- Pour Some Sugar On Meby Def Leppard: I think this song is somewhere in the background of every movie made about the late 80s or early 90s.