Building a workout playlist isn’t always as easy as it seems.
It started out well enough. I heard the new Maroon 5 song “Moves Like Jagger” and knew it had to be on the playlist for September. Off to a great start, I made the decision that all the songs on the playlist would be new.
For a child of the 80s, that turned out to be a pretty tough assignment.
So let’s just say that the songs on the playlist are at least from within the last decade. That seems fair enough. They are fun, will keep you moving and are, well, sort of new.
- Blowby Kei$ha: Isn’t that the Dawson’s Creek guy in the video? And what’s up with the unicorns?
- Moves Like Jaggerby Maroon 5: I always forget how much I like Maroon 5 till a song like this comes on, slaps me in the face and tells me to get out of my chair.
- Don’t Stop The Partyby The Black Eyed Peas: They may be tied with the Pussycat Dolls for most appearances on my playlists.
- Turn Aroundby Flo Rida and Pitbull: Flo Rida is an inconsistent artist. But when he gets it, he really gets it.
- Where Them Girls At (Feat. Nicki Minaj & Flo Rida)by David Guetta with Nicki Minaj and Flo Rida: I didn’t mean to have 2 Flo Rida appearances. But if the music is good no reason to fight it.
- Enjoy The Silenceby Amberlin: Just a little punchier than the Depeche Mode original. I like it.
- In My Armsby Kylie Minogue: Deal with the devil. She hasn’t aged since she did the locomotion.
- Moreby Usher: Is he still acting or did he decide to stick with music? Not everyone can be Will Smith.
- Only Girlby Rhianna: One word: sasstastic!
- Dance 2nightby Madonna: My one way to include just a little bit of the 80s in this list.