It’s Oscar Season! Is anyone else excited?
Okay, maybe not everyone gets into it the same way my husband and I do. To us, it is a very big deal. A great deal of preparation goes into our ballots. Bragging rights for the year are at stake, after all. I believe the last 2 years I have reigned victorious, which kills my husband (who studied film in college).
With ballots in hand we spend the 3 hours enjoying our traditional Oscar night fondue (a splurge for sure, but hey it’s once a year) and discuss gowns, hair and shoulders. Yes, shoulders. Often, with long strapless gowns, the shoulders are the piece of the physique on parade for the red carpet. If they are in the spotlight, I expect them to pop.
This month’s playlist features artist’s who have made the jump to the big screen, some more successfully than others. Some are Oscar winners and some, based on recent performances, should stick to their day jobs.
- Fantasyby Mariah Careyfeaturing ODB: I still haven’t seen Precious. Cannot convince the husband to watch it.
- One Way Or Anotherby Blondie: This song has been in a movie (do you remember which one?) and I love Debbie Harry in Hairspray.
- Dirrtyby Christina Aguilera: She does appear to have cleaned her act up, but not sure about her acting.
- Higher Groundby Red Hot Chili Peppers: A brief but memorable performance in Point Break. Love that movie.
- In And Out Of Loveby Bon Jovi: The whole band hasn’t been in a movie I know off, but Jon has done his fair share.
- Gutlessby Hole: My husband always says Courtney Love just played herself in The People vs. Larry Flynt.
- Crazy In Loveby Beyonce: You know you do the dance when no one is looking.
- My Love ft. T.I. (Paul Oakenfold Remix)by Justin Timberlake: Personally, I think he was snubbed this year. He was great in The Social Network.
- Just A Girlby No Doubt: Gwen was gorgeous in The Aviator.
- Believeby Cher: How can one woman be so amazingly talented at so many things?