Creating a playlist can be like decorating a room. Interior designers often say to pick an object or photo that you like and build around it.
This month’s playlist kind of happened that way. I heard one song at the gym (Razed in Black) that I had never heard before and really liked it. I wanted to build on that vibe to create this month’s playlist. I actually had started a list already, but scrapped most of it because it didn’t really go with the mood of this one song. I liked it so much that it was worth starting over again.
It’s a little less pop this month, but pretty good intensity for cardio or weights. Enjoy!
- Seether by Veruca Salt: This is one of the many bands on this list that I’ve actually seen live. Good show and good workout song.
- I Want Candy by Razed In Black: This was the song that inspired the list. I can’t get it out of my head!
- The Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson: I’ve also seen them live, back in the early 90s in a small club before they got really crazy. One of the best shows I’ve ever seen.
- Zero by Smashing Pumpkins: I love their music, but this is actually the only one that makes a good workout song.
- Baddest Of The Bad by Reverend Horton Heat: I’ve seen them live more times than I can count. I think one of their shows should count as cardio!
- Cherry Bomb by The Runaways: I’ve seen one of the former Runaways in concert. Can you guess which one?
- Mr. Integrity by L7: This is a band I wish I could have caught live. I actually choreographed an aerobics routine to this song in high school.
- Blue Monday by Orgy: Another case of the cover being better than the original. Sorry New Order fans.
- Take Control by Lords Of Acid: Another great live show! Also one of the only songs PG enough for me to put on a playlist.
- Gone Away by The Offspring: This is a band I didn’t appreciate at the height of their popularity but I really enjoy them now.