I did it again.
I decided to run a 5K.
As I have shared before, running is not easy for me. I think my body is built for short bursts of effort rather than endurance sports. This second go around was easier for me, I think for a couple of reasons. First, I have lost about 7 lbs of fat since my last outing. Second, I have been doing more intense cardio with lots of interval based training. Both things together made this repeat less “painful” than my first run.
It still wasn’t easy. Music helps. If I can get lost in a song with the right pace, the time and steps fly by. This month’s playlist is my running playlist. Use it for your next workout or event.
- So What by P!nk: So what everyone is passing me at the start? Slow and steady. I’ll pass them when they are walking up the hill.
- You’re So Vain by Faster Pussycat Some might see this cover as a bit of blasphemy, but I enjoy it.
- Bad Romance by Lady Gaga: Any type of cardio workout must have a Lady Gaga song.
- I Can’t Drive 55 by Sammy Hagar: For those few minutes when I flirt with being fast.
- Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor: It’s hard to resist shadow boxing. If you’re alone on the trail go for it!
- When I Grow Up by The Pussycat Dolls: They have a song for everything. I can’t build a playlist without them. Sorry.
- Shirley by L7: I know I am not fast enough to win the race, but in my mind I’m a beautiful women tearing up the track.
- American Badass by Kid Rock: I need to feel tough when I run. Not sure why.
- Jesus Walks by Kanye West: I feel like I should be running in formation at boot camp.
- Lose Yourself by Eminem: My one shot at running for the year, got to make it my best.
So what’s your favorite running song?