I have this theory. I believe that whatever season you are born in it will always be your favorite time of year. My birthday is in July and I adore summer. It has been and always will be my favorite time of year. I love to be warm, some might say hot, and to feel the sun on my skin. The long days help me get more done and feel lighter myself in a way.
This month my playlist is inspired by summer. Songs from summers of my past or maybe songs that just make someone think of summer. Have fun and let me know your favorite song of summer.
- Miami by Will Smith: I would love to spend summer in South Beach. So far no luck.
- Livin’ La Vida Loca by Ricky Martin: When this song came out, it was the big summer song that year. If it wasn’t for this song I might be tempted to include Menudo instead.
- Mony Mony (2001 Digital Remaster) by Billy Idol: My favorite version is the live “Vital Idol” mix.
- When I Grow Up by The Pussycat Dolls: Pretty sure I put this on another playlist, but I can’t help it. It’s a summer song to me.
- The Way I Are by Timbaland: Reminds of driving home from the gym with all the windows down and enjoying an evening breeze.
- Ray Of Light by Madonna: The summer of Madonna “reborn”. Great album all together.
- The Grease Mega-Mix: This is the absolute best summer movie. I don’t know how many times I have seen it, but I can always watch it again.
- Bad Reputation byJoan Jett & The Blackhearts: A summertime tradition, going somewhere in the Midwest to see Joan Jett.
- SOS by Rihanna: Love Rhianna and love the great sample of “Tainted Love”.
- Vacation by The Go-Go’s: How could you hear this song and not think of summer?