Do you know why I like putting together these monthly workout playlists so much? It’s like making a mix tape. Maybe I am dating myself, but I used to be the queen of the mix tape. Mostly for myself, but occasionally to share with a boyfriend. Now I get to make mix tapes to inspire awesome workouts for all of you! I get to blend my love of fitness with my love of music.
I don’t really have a theme this month. I just kept my ears open at the gym, in the car and when listening to my own iPod for inspiration. Hope you enjoy and have an inspired workout!
- I’ll Wait by Van Halen: In the Hager vs. Roth debate I have to say I come down on the Roth side.
- Part Of Me by Chris Cornell: Interesting collaboration, I think I am kind of digging it.
- If Looks Could Kill by Heart: Just got my tickets to Lilith Fair and cannot wait to see them live! Probably will show up on a post concert playlist.
- The Roof is On Fire by To Kool Kris: This is on one of my 90s compilation CDs. Remember when we bought CDs?
- Can’t Get You Out Of My Head by Kylie Minogue: I think she made a deal with the devil to look as young as she does. I remember “The Locomotion” from junior high. Wow, I am starting to sound old.
- Goodbye by Kristinia DeBarge: Another reason to feel old. She’s the daughter of 80s pop star James Debarge.
- Big Red Rocket Of Love by Reverend Horton Heat: If you don’t break a sweat with this song something must be wrong.
- So What by P!nk: I just really love her. I would put her on here all the time if I could
- OMG by Usher featuring will.i.am: So what defines a “booty like pow”?
- Satisfaction by Eve: End of the workout, looking good and feeling good. Satisfaction.