This Sunday is a very important and exciting day in our household. Can you guess why?
It is Oscar Night!!! The Academy Awards have been a night of fondue (cheat meal for sure) and a ballot competition between myself and my husband for many years. While I do not know the exact lifetime tally, I do know that I picked more winners the last two years and am striving to keep my streak alive for another year.
In honor of the big night, I have pulled together some of my favorite songs from movies for the March playlist. You will notice that many of the songs are from the 80s and 90s, but not for lack of trying. I just could not come up with many from the 2000’s. If you have a song that you feel deserves a place, send me a comment with your nomination. Also see if you can guess the movie the songs are from.
- Kids In America by The Muffs: I actually like this version better than the original version. And this movie made Alicia Silverstone a household name.
- River Deep – Mountain High by Ike & Tina Turner: Miss Angela Bassett has the best arms in this movie!
- Gloria by Laura Branigan: While there is a more famous song from this movie who can forget the scene with Jeanie ice skating?
- Live Wire by Mötley Crüe: I heard only angels could fly this high.
- Dragula [Hot Rod Herman Remix] by Rob Zombie: This mix is fantastic! The movie it is from is not too bad either.
- One Night Only by Beyoncé: I heard she did the Master Cleanse to get in shape for the movie. She also fainted a few times while shooting too.
- You Could Be Mine by Guns N’ Roses: Iconic movie that spawned additional sequels and a TV series. Not sure what happened to Axl Rose.
- Holding Out For A Hero by Bonnie Tyler: If you do not remember the tractor scene from this movie you are truly missing something.
- Lose Yourself by Eminem: Generally not a fan, but this song is great for pushing through a workout.
- Young Hearts Run Free by Kym Mazelle: This movie is a modern take on a Shakespeare classic.