I am so happy to be back in the weight room. Post surgery I was not allowed to lift or strain in any way for several weeks. Once I was taken off restriction the first week of December, I was still a little hesitant to go all out. I started back slowly, doing a full body circuit twice a week with weight that was a little less than I what would lift normally.
It felt great! It may not have been as personally challenging as I would have liked but I was still so happy to be back at it. I love the way weight training makes me feel. It makes me feel powerful, healthy and in control. Doing without those feelings for over a month was awful!
I was allowed to do cardio much earlier. Cardio, however, just don’t feel the same as making your muscles burn from one more rep. When I train with weights I have a different mindset than I do on cardio days. It would make sense then that the type of music I would listen to would be different too.
On weight training days, I need a slightly slower pace and a little more attitude than I do on cardio days. Since I am back to almost full force, I thought I would honor the occasion with a playlist geared towards weight training days. Have fun feeling the burn!
- All For Youby Janet Jackson– Nice pace for your warm up and warm up set.
- A Girl Like Youby Edwyn Collins– From “Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle” with Demi Moore showing that you can be fantastically fit at any age.
- Fighterby Christina Aguilera– Use anyone who has ever wronged you as inspiration for one more rep!
- Buttonsby The Pussycat Dolls– Had to leave them off last month, but they’re back!
- U + Ur Hand [Explicit]by P!nk– I said I needed attitude.
- Rocket Queenby Guns N’ Roses– This one has a lot of personal meaning, way to much to go into.
- Poundcakeby Van Halen– Plain, clean and simple, that’s how we live and that’s how we train.
- #1 Crushby Garbage– Pace is everything when weight training. This is perfect.
- Her Strut (Digital Remaster)by Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band– I know I am going back a bit, but this is all about feeling confident with your female power.
- Rich Girlby Gwen Stefani– You are rich in health and fitness, without that nothing else matters