The holiday season is in full swing. Every retail store and public gathering area is all Christmas music all the time. I like Christmas music, to a point. It’s fun to listen to while putting up the tree, wrapping presents, or driving to see the family.
I don’t enjoy Christmas music while working out. So this month’s playlist is devoted to some great non-holiday music from the disco era.
I wanted to give you something this month that would help you de-stress from the busy season, yet keep you moving and motivated. Disco is fun, energetic and carefree. During these hectic months most of us need all the energy and motivation we can get. So swap the jingle bells for a disco ball and have a great time at the gym this month!
- Working My Way Back To Youby The Spinners: Working your way back to a better body is more like it!
- It’s Raining Menby Weather Girls: I like this version, but I like the RuPaul version even better if you can find it.
- Disco Infernoby The Trammps: Burn baby, burn that fat!
- Waterlooby Abba: I could do a whole ABBA list, but I will keep it to one song this time.
- Last Danceby Donna Summer: The queen of disco herself, the list would be incomplete without her.
- In the Navy by Village People: YMCA is so overdone, this one is much better to workout to.
- Tragedyby The Bee Gees: How I love the Bee Gees. If this list doesn’t work for you, just put on the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack.
- Keep It Comin’ Loveby KC & The Sunshine Band: If one band sums up the 70s and disco it has to be this one.
- I Was Made For Lovin’ Youby KISS: Disco era Kiss as a whole was not very good, but I love this one!
- Da Ya Think I’m Sexy?by Rod Stewart: If you keep working out and eating right, the answer will be yes!