If you’ve been reading my blog for a while you can probably tell by my playlists that my music tastes are pretty eclectic. Disco, metal, retro and dance – I love them all for workouts. In my office at home I might listen to classical while I write or 90s alternative in the kitchen while I cook. I really do like all kinds of music.
The is one notable exception. I don’t do country.
Maybe it’s an act of rebellion against my Ozarks upbringing but generally speaking I don’t like country music. I do love the music from the show Nashville and ladies like Dolly Parton and Loretta Lynn can do no wrong in my book. But otherwise, you won’t hear country music in my gym or on my iPhone.
I realize that not everyone feels that way. So with a little help from my Facebook team I have for you my first country playlist. I hope you enjoy a little something different this month. And if you think I should give some other country artists a try be sure to let me know.
- Need You Now by Lady Antebellum: Okay you might here me listening to this one. Nothing wrong with a crossover hit.
- Sin Wagon by the Dixie Chicks: My Lilith Fair shout out. Plus this song has some of the most clever lines ever.
- Shake it For Me (Country Girl) by Luke Bryan: There’s some incentive to work on those glutes.
- Somethin’ Bad by Miranda Lambert with Carrie Underwood: There is something about two strong females and a strong bass line.
- Done by The Band Perry: Sometimes it doesn’t pay to play nice.
- Rock the Boat by Big and Rich (featuring Cowboy Troy): Wait…Cowboy Troy as in Pee Wee’s Play House?
- Ring of Fire (re-mastered version) by Johnny Cash: The original outlaw. I might listen to this on a road trip. Or I might listen to the Social Distortion version.
- Don’t Put Dirt On My Grave Just Yet featuring Hayden Panetierre: Juliet Barnes is one messed up girl. Oh how I love Nashville.
- 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton: Please indulge me. I love her. I love this song. I love this movie.
- Cruise by Florida Georgia Line (use the remix version): Leave it to me to find the remix with Nelly.