Post by Pamela Hernandez
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
I love the St. Pat’s Day parade in Springfield. It is by no means as huge or popular as parades in places like New York or Chicago. But I love it because it is a big hot mess. To the best of my knowledge there is no entry fee, therefore you have everyone from politicians to the Mustang Owners Club to a guy on a unicycle. It’s a fantastic and fun celebration of all things Irish.
In honor of the parade, and St. Patrick’s Day, I present to you my all Irish workout playlist. Make sure you wear a little green when you listen!
- Dreams by The Cranberries: Quintessential 90s.
- Mandinka by Sinead O’Conner: Before she insulted the Pope and went a little nutty.
- Try A Little Tenderness by The Commitments: This is an awesome movie! You should add it to your Netflix que.
- Vertigo by U2: I hear this song and I think Apple. Anyone else?
- Breathless by The Coors: One hit wonder but it’s a good one hit wonder.
- It's A Trip by Shakespeare’s Sister: Someone named Siobhan Fahey has to be Irish.
- Venus by Bananarama: That would also be Siobhan Fahey, before she got “dark”.
- Just Say So By Brian McFadden: Former boy band member makes good with a little help from Kevin Rudolf.
- The Boys Are Back In Town by Thin Lizzy: Yes, they are from Dublin. Who knew?
- Pride (In The Name Of Love) by U2: It’s an Irish playlist. With their huge catalog how can I not feature two U2 songs?
Posted on March 4th, 2013