Post by Pamela Hernandez
A woman may start working out for many reasons. Perhaps her doctor has told her to lose a few pounds for health reasons. Maybe she refuses to buy the next size jeans. It could be the “bat wing” arms or the jiggly thighs she sees in the mirror.
Or it could be revenge.
Break ups inspire us to get back in the gym and lose the love pounds we gained. You know love pounds, right? The 5-10 pounds we gain from dinner dates, sharing popcorn at the movies and snacking while snuggling on the couch. We want to be hot and make the ex boyfriend/husband question his sanity for letting us go.
This month my playlist is an ode to the break up. May it give you inspiration to be strong, be beautiful and move forward.
- Blow Me (One Last Kiss) by Pink: Best title ever.
- I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor: The classic woman wronged anthem.
- Goodbye Earl by Dixie Chicks: Not that I condone any kind of violence.
- Survivor by Destiny’s Child: You can’t keep a good woman down.
- It's Not Right But It's Okay by Whitney Houston: Rest in peace Whitney, you’re songs will always make us feel strong and powerful.
- Fighter by Christina Aguilera: This song actually reminds me of an old boss! I’m glad she was awful, it made me a fighter!
- Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac: I love the looks between band members when you see video of live performances of this song.
- Rolling In The Deep by Adele: I am worried that her next album won’t be as good. Her pain produced way too many hits.
- Whatcha Think About That by Pussycat Dolls: It’s been a while without PCD. I had to get a dose on this list!
- These Boots Are Made For Walkin' by Nancy Sinatra: Not the Jessica Simpson version. That one is just wrong.
Posted on October 1st, 2012